- GET INVOLVED
Haiti in Crisis
Wed, 09/17/2008 - 20:40 — Chris
With Haiti still reeling from the effects of Hurricanes Fay, Gustav, Hanna and Ike an estimated 600 people have died and more than 70,100 others across the country are homeless. Hurricane Hannah slowly made its way across Haiti dumping down rain on an already saturated country causing damaging floods and dangerous mudslides. Roads are impassable, major towns are submerged by mud and effluence hampering access to many towns and rural areas.
Haiti has many committed Haitian professionals, parents and people working feverishly to assist their devastated country. FAVACA stays committed to its mission of strengthening their hand to do the best job they can. We continue to build capacity during times of crisis.
Training in First Responder and CPR assistance
- $20,000 in emergency room medical equipment
- Technical assistance in installing and training on the new medical equipment
- Three professionals volunteering in Emergency Medical Services at the hospital in Cap Haitien
- Volunteer management
- Trauma counseling for parents, teachers and professional relief workers
- Strategies for psycho-social assistance for children
How you can HELP 2 to 1 match!!
- We need to RAISE $25,000 to fill capacity gaps and build disaster resistant communities.
- Each dollar we raise, FAVACA matches it 2 to 1 with the State of Florida's generous support through FAVACA to provide technical support to our neighbors in the Caribbean.
FAVACA has been working with Haiti for over 25 years. In that time, we have been touched by thousands of Haitians and the generosity they have shown our volunteers and staff. Great friendships have been born through our partnerships and these friendships become lifelines during difficult times.
FAVACA urges all of those who have also been touched by Haiti to donate whatever they are able to give. Your donation through FAVACA's secure website will provide emergency technical assistance.